Yes, anyone can easily transfer a land line phone number to a cell phone number by following simple steps that only take a few seconds.
If you are trying to transfer your personal or business telephone calls to your cell phone then you are in luck because we have outlined step by step instructions to help you complete the process of transferring your home or office landline to your cellular phone simply by pressing a few buttons on your phone and it only takes a few seconds to complete.
Why Transfer Your Land Line to Your Mobile?
Contractors are generally out in the field on the job, attorneys are busy in court, and similarly many business owners are often out of the office which subjects them to missing important calls or from potential customers that are actively looking for their services. Sure, they generally have an answering machine to receive after hours calls but experience continually proves that prospects are moving on and calling on other companies to answer their questions or solve their problems immediately. The simple no cost solution is to forward your business phone to you cell phone when you are out of the office, ensuring that you are less likely to miss important telephone calls and sales opportunities.
Additionally some people may simply want to transfer their Home phone line to their cellular line when they are on vacation, traveling on business, or will simply will be away from the house for the day or even longer.
Here Are the Steps to Forward Your Land Line Calls to Your Cell Phone
In most cases forwarding a landline to any mobile phone is incredibly easy.
- Simply pick up your phone and with until you hear the dial tone, then immediately dial *72 and wait for the dial tone to come back.
- Dial the cellular number (including 1+ area code) that you want to transfer your land line calls to.
- At this point you are done and you can either hang up, or if you want to make sure you have dialed the correct number to forward your calls to you can wait to see if the line scheduled to receive calls rings and who answers it. We highly recommend this.
- When you have returned to the office and are ready to “unforward” your calls you simply pick up the phone and dial *73, and after you hear the dial tone you can hang up. After dialing *73 you should instantly hear a dial tone which will indicate that you have successfully stopped your land line for being forwarded to an outside line.
Using the same or a similar process you can also transfer your cell calls to your home, home to office, home to fax, cell to business etc.
For a Better Solution, Try “Busy No Answer” Automatic Call Transfer: Alternatively you can contact your phone carrier and have them set up a “busy no answer” feature which eliminates the need to constantly transfer calls and disable transferring calls because the phone company sets it up so that if you are busy and don’t answer your landline phone within 3 rings (or four) the call will automatically be transferred to your cell phone, or whatever number you dedicate it to be forwarded to.
What to Do if it Doesn’t Work: If you dial *72 and don’t get a dial tone then you either don’t have call forwarding set up or the code to implement this call transfer feature is different. Nothing to worry about because whether you are with AT&T, Comcast, or Cox it wont matter because the FCC requires that you be permitted to transfer or port your phones at will. A quick phone call to your phone company should help you get the code for transferring calls, or if it’s not currently activated it can be turned on remotely in less than an hour or two.
WAIT – There’s an Even Better Solution For Transferring Calls
If the reason you need to transfer your office land line is attributed to making sure you don’t miss important calls or lose customers to voice mail then transferring calls to your cell phone may not be the best solution and you may want to try a far superior system. If you’re on the job working, with clients, or doing anything that prevents you from answering a call then the problem remains the same. Most businesses have found that simply using this same process but instead forwarding calls to an answering service guarantees that 100% of time that you will never, under any circumstances miss a call. The good news is the service usually sets up everything for you, is insanely affordable, and there is no hardware or software required (or for that matter any technical knowledge).
How it Works
- When you leave the office, using the same process above, forward your business landline phone to a number given exclusively to you by your answering service.
- The live answering service answers the phone in your business name 24/7.
- According to your instructions and depending on the reason for each call some calls will be transferred to your cellular phone, and others will just have a message taken by your “virtual receptionist” which is then immediately sent to your cell phone by text message or by email (or both).
It’s really that simple and most people are surprised to discover how inexpensive it really is to have a service available 24 hours a day, but don’t take our word for it, discover it for yourself. Nearly every phone answering service offers a free 7-14 day trial with no credit card or contract and this is a safe and reliable way to determine the full value and actual cost (as little as $29 a month) based on your anticipated usage.
Author: Michael Cynar
Michael Cynar has over 30 years of executive call center and answering service experience. He is a successful business owner and lead generation expert and shares tips to help other entrepreneurs build and grow their business through leads generation and lead capture solutions. His mission is to share carefully guarded marketing tips that will help small-medium business compete on a smaller budget.